Established in 2004, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG) is a supply chain company specializing in customer-specific engineered components and assemblies for OEMs and industrial producers. We bring value to our customers with efficiently designed and manufactured parts, made to their specifications, and delivered on their schedule. We focus on collaborative efforts with our customers to provide the lowest total cost of acquisition. We operate in three countries with 30 direct team members.
Reporting to the President, the Accounting Administrator will be responsible for reviewing and reconciling accounts, processing payments to external partners and maintaining updated records of invoices and receipts. The successful candidate is a methodical, detail oriented professional with a Finance or Accounting background and be familiar with bookkeeping.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable – Matching invoices and packing slips, coding and entering invoices, filing invoices to be paid
- Accounts Receivable – Creating customer invoices and sending to appropriate customer contacts
- Entering receipts for goods received including exchange and freight.
- Preparing payment worksheets for China Po’s and container payments
- Tracking PO payments and receipts on Hard copy of PO’s and on excel sheet
- Assist with month end journal entries and reconciliations
- Track invoices for PST self-assessment
- Assist with monthly GST filing preparation
- Maintain filing of all documents
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field is preferred
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Administrator or similar role
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping procedures and debt collection regulations
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets)
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors
- Excellent organizational skills and time management abilities
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.