Established in 2004, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG) is a supply chain company specializing in customer- specific engineered components and assemblies for OEMs and industrial producers. We bring value to our customers with efficiently designed and manufactured parts, made to their specifications, and delivered on their schedule. We focus on collaborative efforts with our customers to provide the lowest total cost of acquisition. We operate in three countries with 30 direct team members.
The Electronics Engineer is a methodical, detailed oriented, and creative professional that will be responsible for creating engineering designs within specific growth markets for the company. The successful candidate will be engaged in analysis, conceptual design, and development of various parts, components and assemblies for our diverse customer base using traditional tools and new technologies, such as 3D laser scanners, to assist throughout the product development life cycle.
DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage in new product development activities that are in line with the company’sstrategy.
- Design schematics and PCB layouts.
- Prepare technical drawings of components and assemblies.
- Work with suppliers to support product procurement and open engineering issues.
- Perform initial and ongoing design and technical reviews.
- Participate in customer quotation exercises to estimate engineering effort and scheduleand produce project budgets.
- Direct manufacturing, installing and testing of electronic equipment to ensure thatproducts meet specifications and codes.
- Collaborate with engineering team on product design and production efforts to ensurethat projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Participate in vendor qualification activities
- Conduct market research, as necessary.
- Other Engineering activities, as directed and required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Education: BS Degree in Electronics Engineering or Electronics Engineering Technology Diploma.
- Minimum 5 years of related engineering experience.
- Experience in designing transportation, agricultural, and/or construction vehicleelectronic devices/systems.
- Experience in OrCAD/Allegro (Capture, PSpice, PCB Designer) or similar tools.
- Understanding of FMEAs and DFM (design for manufacturing) guidelines.•transient level protection, EMI/EMC, and ESD.
- Possess creativity for product development.
- Exposure to design and verification testing methods.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Computer knowledge and skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SolidWorks or similar CAD software.
- Project management skills an asset.
- Work well under pressure and under tight timelines.
- High level of organizational skills, detail oriented, and analytical.
- Must possess excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers and multiple-disciplinary teams.
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
- Able to travel within Canada, the USA, and internationally, as required.
- Must have valid driver’s license.Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted