Smartrend Supply Ltd., established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer of customer-specific components and assemblies for transportation and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products was created as a subsidiary of Smartrend Supply Ltd. First Light, an innovative and progressive organization, incorporates LED technology into essential safety indicators to improve the visibility of school buses, thus increasing the safety of drivers and passengers of buses and other motor vehicles. Both organizations share a 20,000 sq ft, state of the art manufacturing facility.
The Incoming Quality Inspector is detailed and methodical, and is responsible for performing hands-on inspections, checks, tests, sorting, and sampling procedures of incoming material for in process and final inspections. The Incoming Quality Inspector will be able multi-task, prioritize, and work well under pressure. This individual is energic, fast paced, and has a passion for excellence.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Incoming visual, functional, and metrology inspections of manufactured parts, subassemblies, and/or finished products according to defined
- Approve or reject subassemblies or finished products as
- Accurately document the results of inspections, testing, and audit data.
- Review, investigate, and report failures of manufactured parts.
- Identify recurring quality issues, suggest preventative measures and follow through with an action plan to eliminate recurring quality issues.
- Participate in root cause analysis and corrective initiatives to increase bottom-line business results.
- Miscellaneous duties as per
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Education: Quality Management Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of related quality experience, working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and apply blueprints and is mechanically inclined.
- Computer knowledge and skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with QA/QC control tools.
- Understands basic quality practices and methods.
- Ability to take initiative, follow instructions, and work under minimal supervision.
- General knowledge of various materials and properties used in processes such as plastics, metal fabrication, rubber, castings, stampings, etc.
- Work well under pressure and under tight timelines.
- High level of organizational skills, detail oriented, and analytical.
- Must possess excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers and multiple-disciplinary teams.
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
- Must have valid driver’s licence.
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.