Established in 2004, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG) is a supply chain company specializing in customer- specific engineered components and assemblies for OEMs and industrial producers. We bring value to our customers with efficiently designed and manufactured parts, made to their specifications, and delivered on their schedule. We focus on collaborative efforts with our customers to provide the lowest total cost of acquisition. We operate in three countries with 30 direct team members.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is a methodical, detailed oriented, and creative professional that will be responsible for creating engineering designs within specific growth markets for the company. The successful candidate will be engaged in analysis, conceptual design, and development of various parts, components and assemblies for our diverse customer base using traditional tools and new technologies, such as 3D laser scanners, to assist throughout the product development life cycle.
DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creating engineering designs of mechanical assemblies using Solid Works CAD software.
- Engage in new product development activities that are in line with the company’s
- Prepare technical drawings of components and
- Work with suppliers to support product procurement and open engineering
- Perform initial and ongoing design and technical
- Assist in managing drawing database
- Complete pre-RFQ and PPAP tech reviews
- Conduct market research, as necessary
- Engineering activities, as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Education: BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology Certificate.
- Minimum 5 years of related engineering experience.
- Possess creativity for product development.
- General familiarity of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Computer knowledge and skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Solid Works or similar CAD software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Project management skills an asset.
- General knowledge of various materials and properties used in processes such as plastics, metal fabrication, rubber, castings, stampings, etc.
- 3D laser scanning experience is an asset.
- Work well under pressure and under tight timelines.
- High level of organizational skills, detail oriented, and analytical.
- Must possess excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers and multiple-disciplinary teams.
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
- Able to travel within Canada, the USA, and internationally, as required.
- Must have valid driver’s licence.
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
Job Type: Contract Job
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Required Education: Degree or certificate
Compensation: Depends on qualifications
Required language: Fluent in English, written and oral
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.