Smartrend Supply Ltd., established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer of customer-specific components and assemblies for transportation and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products was created as a subsidiary of Smartrend Supply Ltd. First Light, an innovative and progressive organization, incorporates LED technology into essential safety indicators to improve the visibility of school buses, thus increasing the safety of drivers and passengers of buses and other motor vehicles. Both organizations share a 29,000 sq ft, state of the art manufacturing facility.
The Production Lead is a methodical, detail oriented, employee that will be responsible for producing and assembling products on the production line. The successful candidate will excel at participating and monitoring all steps of the production process to ensure products produced are delivered on time with high quality.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programming and operation of electronics assembly equipment including but not limited to: Pick and Place, Solder Paste, Automatic Optical Inspection, Selective Solder, Coating and Fluid Dispensement.
- Maintenance of production equipment.
- Electronics inspection and handling procedures.
- Mechanical assembly of sub-assemblies and final products.
- Mentoring of other production staff.
- Collection of data for production KPIs.
- Adherence to safety rules, SOPs, and WI.
- Day to day participation in on-time, high-quality manufacturing of products for customers (internal and external).
- Participation in relevant training sessions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing operations.
- Computer knowledge and skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ERP/MRP Systems.
- Effective communicator in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to coach and mentor other employees in one-on-one and group settings.
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
- Strives in pressure situations.
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Winnipeg, MB
- Degree or certificate
- Depends on qualifications
- Fluent in English, written and oral